Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Vivaldi


Artist Anne Salz painted Vivaldi while listening to The Concerto of Four Violins. While painting she captures the movement, energy, and sound of the music.

“The painting represents the opening of the concerto for four violins. I listen to the music while I paint. First, the music gives me an optimistic, happy feeling and I perceive red, yellow, and orange colors in a great variety with little contrast. It looks like a field of these colors. I perceive the color field as a musical chord. You can compare it with the colors of a blanket or cover made of autumn leaves……The lively movements in the music become a stream of glowing shades of orange. The black structure provides cadence and reveals its significance and character. It is an indispensable foundation for the moving colors. The painting evokes my feelings again when I listen to the music again. I hear the melodies in my mind when I look at it.”


https://welcometonowhere.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/synesthesia-in-art-artists-carol-steen-marcia-smilack-and-anne-salz/

No comments:

Post a Comment